Robins Kaplan LLP, a national litigation law firm, has an exciting opportunity available for a Director of Administration to function as a business partner with the Office Managing Partner and senior leadership team, contributing to the strategic planning and implementation of goals and objectives for the office. This role reports to the Managing Director of Administration and works closely with the Office Managing Partner for the California offices. In this role, you will provide direction, guidance, and advice to attorneys and staff regarding the general business operations of the Firm and the office.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Assisting the Office Managing Partner, Managing Director of Administration and senior leadership team in the staffing and development of attorneys.
- Staying abreast of current and pending applicable employment laws, judicial precedents and market trends in order to make recommendations for the business and operational strategy for the office.
- Assist in developing administrative and business goals for the office.
- Partner with the Office Managing Partner, Managing Director of Administration, Chief Administrative Officers and Chief Operating Officer to develop, interpret, and monitor the practices, policies and procedures of the office, ensuring they align with the goals, priorities and practices of the firm.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the firmís space planning.
- Collaborate with the leadership of other offices and functional areas to develop and implement cross-office initiatives that are complex in scope and design, demonstrating consistent leadership to ensure successful implementation of such initiatives.
- Provide overall supervision and development of office staff including hiring, staffing assignments, training, performance evaluation and feedback communications, and compensation recommendations.
- Development, implementation and management of annual office operating budget.
- Manage and partner with outsourced facilities/office services/hospitality/reception to ensure consistent and excellent service offerings.
- Cultivate a positive and respectful office culture and work environment.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Managing Director of Administration and senior leadership team.
- Bachelorís degree is required. Five to ten years of demonstrated experience in major functions of the position strongly preferred. Prior experience with commercial leasing, relocation and construction desirable.
Keys to your success:
Strong oral and written communication skills required. Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the firm, and work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner. Ability to effectively lead and strengthen teams to deliver high performance. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to establish credibility, build trust and influence, and gain the confidence of firm leadership, lawyers, other professionals, and your team. Ability to think strategically and forward-looking to proactively identify solutions. Strong analytical skills with impeccable attention to detail. Ability to occasionally travel to our Silicon Valley and Minneapolis locations.
Why us? Robins Kaplan LLP is a firm you can be proud to be associated with. We offer competitive compensation, rich benefits, a respectful environment, and the opportunity for a rewarding and impactful career with a dynamic group of professionals. Consider us for your next career stop and submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Robins Kaplan LLP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce.